CARING FOR ATHLETIC SHOES
If you're into fitness (or just like a great-looking pair of athletic shoes), you know exactly how expensive good shoes can be. So when you find a great pair that look great, fit just right and support you as you move, you want them to last. Care for your favorite footwear with a regular Soak to remove dirt, oil and sweat, and you’ll get more miles out of them!
Shoe care instructions:
- Remove laces and insoles.
- Pre-treat stains with a little undiluted Soak on a washcloth or brush and a gentle scrub.
- Fill up a basin with cool water and Soak: depending on the shoes, you may be able to submerge them. Make sure there’s enough room for the water to freely move around the shoes. If they have leather or suede pieces, stick to spot cleaning the fabric areas.
- After 15 minutes (or more), remove the shoes. You can rinse if you want, but you don’t have to.
- Stuff each shoe with a sock or some clean newspaper (to maintain the shape of the shoe and absorb water) and air dry overnight. Using a drying rack can help speed up the process.
- Don’t forget to clean the laces! Let them Soak in the basin along with the shoes.